From:
jenni rodda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 09:52:16 -0400
Good morning, Museum-L:

No, AAM didn't provide pre-fabricated form letters to send to our various
congress-people.  AAM didn't provide lists of reasons why the NEA and the
NEH should not be dimantled.  AAM didn't encourage us to vote, either.
If you will pardon me for expressing a certain amount of anger in an
electronic forum, it is _because_ of all the unmotivated, too-busy-to
think-about-it people that congress has taken on the composition it has,
and, as a consequence, the NEA, the NEH, the CPB, and, so I'm told, ALL
government funding for academic research, are in danger of being dis-
continued.

That is a terrible scenario--unthinkable to most of us.  Why just sit
there?

These views are my own, not my institution's.

Jenni Rodda, Curator,
Institute of Fine Arts