From:
Jim Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:48:11 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Well, judging the Christmas Competition was much harder than I thought it
would be. Thanks for all your entries. I hope you all found something
interesting on the website.

This is the official announcement of the winning entries:
(Almost) everyone got the three answers right:

1. What is the name of our subscription-free online journal?
museum & society

2. What is the name of our International Conference, April 25-27, 2006?
The Museum: A World Forum 2006

3. The University is offering scholarships of £1450 ($2580 approx) in 2006
to celebrate which anniversary of the Department's founding?
To celebrate its 40th Anniversary.

The answers to the tie breaker were sometimes witty, sometimes flattering
and mostly very cheering. The following ones we liked very much

I visit the Museum Studies website because as a professor at The
University of the Arts in Philadelphia, it provides a venue for keeping
abreast of worldwide issues
Amy Phillips Iverson

I visit the museum studies website because i can get the latest
information about developments, jobs, publications and research happening
in museums both in the UK and throughout the world, all contained within a
visually pleasing and easily navigated site.
Bronwen Alcorn

I visit the Museum Studies website because it is a wonderful resource for
all things museum.
Angela Steinmetz

I visit the Museum Studies Website because it is a superb 'information
hub'.
Michelle Foggett

And I particularly liked; 'I visit the Museum Studies website because (on
this occasion) my mum thought a pink fleece and chopping board a more
constructive festive gift than On Collecting'
Naming no names, but you know who you are...

But the winners are:

1st prize (a signed hardback copy of Professor Susan
Pearce's 'Interpreting Objects and Collections')
I visit the Museum Studies website because of its resources.  I had no
idea the amount of information that this site and University provided to
Museums.
Rebecca Holmquist of Minnetrista

2nd prize (a Hardback copy of Prof Susan Pearce's 'On Collecting' (not
signed)
I visit the Museum Studies website because with input from a global
community of students, graduates and faculty, it is a true world forum for
museums.
Matthew Tyler-Jones (Matthew, I need your address to send your prize.)

Once again thanks for wasting a little time on this.

There's always something new on the Museum Studies website
http://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies

Jim Roberts