From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:56:29 -0500
As the new Director of a small museum, my sense is that granting agencies
(including corporations) prefer to fund programs rather than equipment.   My
inclination is to create "wish lists" of specific items and books that are
needed and send it out to members (or post it in the research room) as part
of a newsletter.  My first foray into this has netted me one used (and
usable) computer and $2300 for additional computer equipment.  I'm now going
for specific journal subscriptions (including the actual cost in the list).
People are often happy to donate either money or materials if they know
exactly what you need.

Janice Klein
(new) Director
Mitchell Museum of the American Indian