From:
Doug Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 19:55:23 -0600
At 10:53 AM 4/8/1999 -0700, Olivia S. Anastasiadis wrote:
>You're not wrong, but then again, other people do things differently. . . .
<SNIP TO SAVE SPACE>

Olivia,

I'm with you on this one.  My Museum has an operating budget of about
$1,000[US] per month, out of that I have to pay the lights, heat, etc., and
myself.  If I resisted the help and inputs from my Board, just because of
some misplaced belief that I was paid satff and they were "mear board
members", very little would get done around here.  Making the Museum vistors
feel welcome and providing a place to lear and reflect is much more
important than any one person's or group's ego.

But, then I could be wrong and usually am . . .

Doug

"A ship is always referred to as 'she' because it costs so much to keep one
in paint and powder." - Chester Nimitz -

"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't." - ANON -

"The more you complain, the longer God makes you live." -Anon-

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of
the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that
one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing
mankind."

John Stuart Mill; Liberty, chapter 2.