From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:39:47 -0500
Yes there is special fabric made for wall applications. You shouldn't try
to use floor carpet because, THIS IS IMPORTANT, floor carpet is not fire
rated for VERTICAL applications.

You need to find Wall Carpet and to be certain it is fire rated
appropriately. There are several companies that make wall carpet and it
comes in a wide variety of colors and textures. Some is very velcro
friendly and some hides nail holes well. Some is less durable that others
so look at how the carpet backing is applied.

There are also special adhesives made specifically for attaching this
fabric to walls.

Regards,
Diane Gutenkauf
Business Developer, Museum Division
Exhibit Works, Inc
500 Warrenville Rd
Suite 200
Lisle IL 60532
734-367-8243

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:31:31 -0700, Kari Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hello!
>I want to use carpet to cover wood panels for hanging art in periodic art
shows. They will get a lot of use over time. Is there a special carpet out
there for this purpose, or should I just use industrial carpet. Or is
there something even better for this purpose?

>Kari Carlisle
>Museum Curator
>Fremont Indian State Park and Museum
>(435) 527-4631

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-
faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The
body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).