Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 08:53:18 EDT
For new data base users, especially those planning to develop their
own applications try using a simple flat file data base first.
At our site we have staff and many volunteers entering data in pcfile.
We then import pcfile (read dblll) into other more advanced applications.
The advantage to new users is a) getting the data in b)testing the
field structure c) getting data experience while buying time to learn
what will be needed in a more advanced application.
Most problems take place at the beginning of a project when confronted
with too many conceptual demands and often lack of clear knowledge about
data bases etc. Yes we use msaccess as well.
Maurice D.Smith, Curator, Marine Museum of the Great Lakes