From:
"Scott, Karen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:10:09 CAT-2
Hi

I need help please!!!!

A new commitee for the development of tourism was started in South
Africa on the 3rd of December last year.  One of their initiatives
is to compile a data-base of standards for every stakeholder who
benefits from tourism.  The standards commitee asked me to get my
hands on the standards document for Museums and Zoo's.  Standards,
meaning: every exhibit\cage must have an identification board
stating what it is, answers to questions will be given within 48
hours, disability access, exhibitions must be unbiased, every
customer must be welcomed with a smile, hall attendedents must be in
uniform (or ID tag) and be able to answer basic questions on the
exhibits.

I thought there must be something like that, but after consulting
everybody I could think of who might have knowledge of such a
document it has dawned that NO such document exists, not
internationally and not nationally!

If you know of a group or someone I can contact for information
PLEASE forward their information to me.

IF not - where do I start  and what should be included??  There is a
great need for this not only here in South Africa, but all over the
world.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Miss Karin Scott
Collections Manager: Archaeozoology