From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:32:46 -0800
Mr. Neylon, the articles that Eric Seigel referenced
below match my definition of small-minded.  I'm afraid
the whole subject is going to be one that throws this
list into controversy.  That you felt the need to
assault Eric on the list makes me believe that you
only need to hold up the mirror to find the definition
of small-minded.

It's one thing to debate the merits of evolution v.
intelligent design.  It's quite another to presume
that the articles below aren't small minded.

Just as there are degrees of intelligence, there are
degrees of Christian intolerance (and, in some cases,
just please simply read hatred of people who don't
think in like-minded fashion).  The same words of
scripture are interpreted, in many instances, in as
many flavors of Christianity as there are.

I find the articles below hateful and hurtful to other
human beings, many of whom may just well may be
members of this list/community.  They are the work of
the hell-fire and damnation segment of Christianity,
not the ones of a loving, giving, and accepting God.

And, before you go there, I taught Sunday School for 8
of 10 years.  Let's suffice it to say that Christians
can and will disagree, but that, from where I sit,
articles that further hatred and ignorance and bias
about people who are "different" are small-minded.
Unfortunately, there's a segment of America that
promotes what I consider to be a despicable agenda
and, as Eric pointed out, they're very
active--unfortunately.

I can't help but say it, and I won't be silenced in
this regard.  I've come across a number of very openly
gay people on this list.  They are bright, giving, and
talented.  The tripe in that periodical is an insult
to them.

A very hetero but very annoyed Indigo!

=====
Indigo Nights