From:
Aqualieb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:33:39 GMT
Arlyn,

To answer your questions:

Yes, an avocational group.  We are a 501c3, non-profit historical and
archaeological org dedicated to the preservation of New Jersey shipwreck
history.

The site is that of an early nineteenth century sailer in 30 feet sea water.

We began investigating the site 3 years before a contract archaeological firm
investigated it in preparation for a beach fill project.  Our report to the
community at large aided and guided the contractors investigation.  Our
report's conclusions were upheld by this same firm.

The items were retrieved by hand from a shipping barrel; the barrel's location
was mapped.

I hope this aids you in forming an opinion,
Aqualieb