From:
Mancuso/Klindt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:08:12 -0500
It seems to me that if someone in the arts or museum field -- a museum
professional, an art history graduate student, etc. -- is planning a stay
in NY for work-related or study-related purposes then the Museum List is
the PERFECT place to request information about housing leads. There are
people on this list who live in NY and might have information about sublets
that may be useful to their museum colleagues.  Often, museums and arts
organizations have bulletin boards where staff members can post notices
about rentals and sublets.

I have patiently sat through what I feel were some of the most inane and
never-ending discussions conducted on this list.  However, it would never
occur to me to pass judgment on what is or is not acceptable or "right" for
this forum if in some way it is useful to even one soul in the museum
profession. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, no matter how
"unusual" it might seem and trying to legislate what is right or wrong for
this list is not a very constructive endeavor.   All our browsers are
equipped with a delete button and there is no reason to avoid using it.

Mary Mancuso Klindt