From:
Mark Janzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:54:59 -0500
Melissa,

In a similar vein to the SI, perhaps "photographer's name for
Wolfsonian-FIU" would function. Then they get a mention, but it is also
clearly noted as your image. That is what we use when the photographer is
noted, which is very rare.

Mark Janzen
Registrar/Collections Manager
Edwin A. Ulrich Museum of Art
Martin H. Bush Outdoor Sculpture Collection
Wichita State University
(316)978-5850

             Melissa Smith
             Levine
             <[log in to unmask]                                          To
             FIU.EDU>                  [log in to unmask]
             Sent by: Museum                                            cc
             discussion list
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             SE.LSOFT.COM>             Re: Photography of Collection Items
                                       by Visiting Scholars

             05/27/2004 03:56
             PM

             Please respond to
             Museum discussion
                   list
               SE.LSOFT.COM>

I am getting wonderful ideas on the posting I just sent on the above.
Another question then on photos:

For those of you fortunate to have a photographer ON STAFF, do you put
their name in the photo credits?  My concern is that their work is a work
for hire of the museum ie the museum's copyright.  I like giving personal
credit where its due, but am concerned that over time there will be
confusion about who the copyright in the image belongs to.

Any thoughts?

Melissa Levine
Associate Director, Finance and Administration
Wolfsonian-FIU
1001 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139
305 535 2655