From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:51:05 -0700
Cutting straight to the chase, I'm going to cc the
name of a trusted friend, arbitrator, and attorney who
is an advocate for People with Disabilities and very
familiar with HIPAA.  She's also a "new grandmother"
for the second time with a household that has 3 kids
under 5 (one her own), so she may not have as much
time to give to responses to this issue, but I'm going
to suggest that, if any of you have serious questions
concerning accessioning of medical records and any
conflicts that may present with HIPAA, you may wish to
ask her, and she can probably direct you to someone in
your area if she can't just give you an answer.

For the record, she has a real affinity for museums,
has helped a few others behind the scenes on list when
I've asked, and I vaguely recall that she had a minor
in art (I think).

Anyway, Nora Cannon ([log in to unmask]) in Tennessee
may help to provide some clarification or point you in
the direction of someone who can as to whether or not,
under current regulations, you can accession medical
records of persons past, present, or future.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414  Updated 02/14/02