From:
Jane Duong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 01:25:26 +0000
Hi Listers,

I am on the board of a museum at my alma mater. We have been cited by the
Organization for Civil Rights for not having an elevator. They sent us a
notice, giving us one year to either get an elevator or move the lower level
exhibition elsewhere.  I am concerned that this is the fist step to shutting
down the museum.

We have been working with the University for the last two years to get an
elevator. We have the plans but no funding. After Sept. 11, we were notified
by one of the administrators that the elevator project will be put on hold
indefinately. The University is private and I don't believe that they have
any money.  The elevator and related construction would cost 800K.

This list is huge, so I would appreciate any insight and or commments on the
subject from any one who has had experience with a similar situation.

Jane Duong
AIM:Yelofuzzz
"Life is Like a Cookie!"