From:
Hank Burchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 10:43:21 -0400
On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Miriam B Albahari wrote:

> Hear, Hear, Sally!  I agree with your thesis completely.  Good luck with
> your dissertation - it sounds fascinating.

     Not to me it doesn't. It sounds like newthink-cum-nonthink, the sort
of fuzzy fulmination that passes for academic excellence these days.
     Her thesis is that museums are in trouble because our culture is
misogynist and the public is stupid. Well, the public is not so stupid
that it can't tell when it's being dissed.
     Well-run museums are reaching all-time attendance highs and record
sales. The also-rans would do well to stop pissing out the window at the
public passing by and look inward to find out what's wrong with their
institutions' offerings.
     Also, it would be pleasant if some of these putative professionals
would clean up their grammer, sintax and speling before posting their
animadversions on their absent audiences.

     Hank Burchard * <[log in to unmask]> * Washington DC | USA