From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:11:16 -0800
--- Adrienne DeAngelis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>         CD-ROM stuff is expensive and time-consuming to set up. Unless
> you're the tenured department chair or independently wealthy and very
> generous, avoid the project for now, say I.

What? CD-RW technology is cheap these days, esp. for storing vast amounts of
images, certainly cheaper and easier to deal with than scads of slides. And
most projectors these days can receive input from computers.

Your university should already have CD burners, digital cameras and the
software to convert your images to digital format. Digital cameras work just
the same way a film camera does and you could probably even set up a copy table
to do all your images on.

There are several devices that will allow you to play your CD presentations on
screen. The first is a screen that will plug into a laptop or other computer
and is placed on an overhead projector just like a regular overhead. You can
then play your presentation from the laptop.

Screen projectors now have inputs for computers these days so if there is one
in your classroom, you can use that as well. Or you could go to a computer lab,
send the presentation to everyone's screen and lecture that way.

But if your school does not have any of the above, obviously you are stuck with
slides until they get it.

Deb