From:
Nicole Frost <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 10:06:58 -0400
I agree that Dial has a right to express its opinion about the exhibition
and try to seperate itself from it.  However, the company, I would
assume, is responding to the loud voice of opposition to the exhibition
not necessarily the opinions of the company's managemnt.  Company's are
giving money for exposure, good will, etc.  They want to be associated
with 'people-approved' exhibitions in order to help their image and sell
more products.  In other words they are profit motivated.  So, if a
strong voice is heard that approves and supports the exhibition, then
maybe the company will respond accordingly.  Besides, many of the people
who are expressing disapproval are not even the museum's current
audience.  As a supporter of the show and a visitor of the museum I want
Dial to know that I am dissappointed in their actions- because I am part
of the population that they are trying to reach with their support.

I hope I didn't babble too much.

Nicole Frost
Graduate Assistant/Student
Visual Arts Administration Program