From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:57:04 -0500
Hello All!

I hope to hear from those who work at institutions with Smithsonian
affiliations - on or off list (however you feel most comfortable
responding) - about whether your Smithsonian affiliation has resulted in
increased exposure, interest, attendance and donations/sponsorships?
Having slightly better odds of accessing some of the 140,000,000 items
in the collection of the Smithsonian Institution comes at a price . . .
and I'm curious if you feel the price is worth it?

Many thanks in advance to those who reply.

Sincerely,

Jay Heuman
Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum
2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE, 68102
342-3300 (telephone)   342-2376 (fax)

"You can’t lock up art in a vault and keep it frozen for posterity. Then
the artist is betrayed, history is betrayed."
(Walter Persegati)