From:
Elizabeth Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:22:14 -0400
What about reducing the UV with window film then you don't have to worry
about the shades doing the job for you.  Check out Llumar films which
claim "Depending on the film selected, LLumar can cut from 12 to 93
percent of incoming light, eliminate 99% of the harmful ultraviolet
radiation
to protect fabrics and finishes, block 92% of glare and cut up to 76% of
solar heat gain through the glass."  The web address for US
architectural films is
http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Architectural/building.html.  The plant is
in our town and the CEO has told me that they feel they block 100% of UV
but they don't claim it because it is possible to have tiny holes in the
film that render it 99%.  He said they sell quite a bit of it for people
who cannot be exposed to UV at all and have to have their windows
filmed, can only go out at night in the dark, etc.

Elizabeth