From:
"Stockwell, Todd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:51:11 -0500
Melissa;

The value of the tractor first depends on whether it is the older three
wheeled seive-grip model or the later standard four wheeler. A Samson sold
at the Oscar Cooke sale in Billings, Montana, back in 1998 for $26,000.
Auction results are available at the Kruse auction site, www.kruse.com.
Another Samson sold at the George Schaff truck and tractor auction in
Illinois last September for $8,500. I believe this was a four wheel tractor.
You could check with the auctioneer, Kurt Aumann, for details, or contact
the Schaffs, who continue to collect and restore rarer trucks and tractors.
A number of restored trucks similar in vintage to Samsons sold at that sale
and results are on the Aumann site, www.aumannauction.com, in case that
would be helpful.

Several Samson tractors and trucks have appeared in the "for sale"
classifieds of Gas Engine Magazine over the past few years and price
estimates might be formed based on those ads, too.

If you need further help, contact me at [log in to unmask]

Todd Stockwell
Curator of Agriculture, Industry & Technology
Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites
Indianapolis, Indiana
(317) 232-8270