From:
"Fifield, Rebecca" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 15:38:07 -0400
Hello -
"Storage of Natural History Collections" comes in 2 volumes: "A Preventive Conservation Approach" and "Ideas and Practical Solutions." These books are good reads for ALL collections - not just natural history. The first volume covers general topics: agents of deterioration, facilities management, pest management, risk assessment, storage furniture. The second covers mountmaking and storage ideas for a variety of objects.

It is published by the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections and I think you can get it via their website. These books are among the most important things in my collections care library.

Best,
Becky Fifield
Collections Manager
Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas
Metropolitan Museum of Art