From:
"Rayca, Brian CIV USA IMCOM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 12:54:53 -0400
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Jamin,

We have been experimenting with this for a while.  LED seems to be the most attractive way to go.  LED is not only will lower energy use, and reduce heat, it's UV emissions are much lower than conventional incandescent.  However, unless you spring for new lighting fixtures with high end LED bulbs, the color of the commercial replacement LED bulbs for current fixtures is hit or miss.

Brian Rayca, MA
Museum Technician
West Point Museum
845-938-7074 (Office)