From:
"Hugh H. Genoways" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:49:26 -0500
At the risk of angering the watch dogs of the website, I want to bring to
your attention a new book of mine that has just appeared.  I have no doubts
about bringing the book to your attention in this way because neither Lynne
Ireland nor I are planning to retire on our royalties nor are either of us
worried about even moving up a tax bracket.

This book on museum administration is not exclusively about or for museum
directors.  It is about the administrative duties that we all have as
museum employees.  These duties seem to increase in number and complexity
each day and with each new position that we hold.  This book is aimed
primarily for students and young professionals who are early in their
careers.  The book is the outcome of Lynne and I teaching a course in
museum administration in our museum studies program for 12 years.

This offer from AltaMira has a good discount for those of you interested in
this topic.  Yes I am afraid that this discount will impact our royalties.

Sincerely,
Hugh

New from <http://www.altamirapress.com/>AltaMira Press

Museum Administration: An Introduction
By Hugh H. Genoways and  Lynne M. Ireland
<http://www.altamirapress.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CAT
ALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0759102945>Click here to order
Save 15% on all online orders!

About Museum Administration:
    Wondering what a museum director actually does? About to start your
first director's job? Looking for guidance in starting up a museum or
working with a museum director? Hugh Genoways and Lynne Ireland have taken
the mystery out and put common sense and good guidance in. Learn about
everything from budgets and strategic planning to human resources and
facilities management to collections and programming. Genoways and Ireland
also help you tackle legal documents, legal and ethical issues, and
challenges for the modern museum. Case studies and exercises throughout
help you review and practice what you are learning, and their extensive
references will be a welcome resource. Includes case reviews, case studies,
exercises, and an extensive reference list.

Please
<http://www.altamirapress.com/Catalog/TOC.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db
&eqSKUdata=0759102945>click here for table of contents.

Publication info
Paper: $29.95,  0-7591-0294-5,  August 2003, 376pp
Cloth: $80.00, 0-7591-0293-7, August 2003, 376pp

*If your e-mail cannot read HTML and/or links provided in this message do
not work, please visit our web-site www.AltaMiraPress.com

4 convenient ways to order:

 *
<http://www.altamirapress.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CAT
ALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0759102945>click here to order online and receive a 15%
discount (discount for online orders only)* *  Customers outside the U.S.
please <http://www.altamirapress.com/OrderInfo/INTorders.shtml>click here*
*    call toll-free: 1-800-462-6420* *    print and fax Order Form
toll-free:  1-800-338-4550* *    print and mail Order Form to: AltaMira
Press, 15200 NBN Way, P.O. Box 191, Blue Ridge Summit, PA 17214-0191*

Order Form:
Please send me the following book(s):

ISBN:________________________________

Title:

Price:__________________________________

Quantity:________________________________

Shipping*:________________________________

MD, PA, NY
and CO residents
please add applicable
sales tax________________________________

Total:__________________________________

Please check:

      Check/M.O. enclosed**
      American Express
      MasterCard
      VISA

Card#:______________________________________
Exp.Date:__________
Signature:____________________________________

NAME:______________________________________
INSTITUTION:________________________________
STREET:_____________________________________
CITY/COUNTRY______________________________
STATE________________ZIP____________________
PHONE:______________________________________

*Shipping and handling:
U.S.: $4 first book, $1 each additional book
Canada: $5 first book, $1 each additional book
Other countries: $7.50 first book, $5 each additional book

**Please make checks payable to AltaMira Press
All orders from individuals must be prepaid

Hugh H. Genoways
University of Nebraska State Museum
W436 Nebraska Hall
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0514

Telephone: 402-472-2012
FAX: 402-472-8949

E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>

Professor
Museum Studies Program

Chair
Museum Studies Program
Visit our website at <http://www.unl.edu/museumstudies>

"State identity in my opinion is football and pheasants."
Governor Mike Johanns
State of Nebraska
February 16, 2003