From:
Melissa Lansing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:40:33 -0400
Hello everyone,

I work at a historic site with two buildings and period rooms (ie: no
cases). I am highly concerned with the level of UV light entering the
exhibit spaces and have decided to purchase some kind of UV blocking
material (blinds, film...) for the windows in the houses.
However, I just realized that there is already some UV film on most of the
windows which probably dates back the the mid-1980s, so it would have to
be replaced. Is there a way to remove existing UV film from windows? Does
anyone know if you can just stick some more on top of it, as much as that
makes me cringe?

I've read a lot about UV protection on the listserv, especially the new
options out there now like blinds and the like. I'd be very interested to
hear about anyone's experiences and recommendations.

Thanks,

Melissa R. Lansing
Museum Technician
Mackenzie King Estate