Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 13:37:34 +0000
Holland Historical Trust
a.k.a., The Holland Museum

>1. their cost of membership

Not sure what you want here

>2. their membership dues and benefits

Dues:
$1,000 - Wichers Circle (our founder)
$500 - Benefactor
$250 - Patron
$100 - Sponsor
$60 - Builder
$35 - Family
$30 - Senior Couple
$25 - Individual
$20 - Senior Individual

$10 - Grandparent pass - they can bring their grandchildren along -
additional to membership level

Benefits:
Unlimited free admission all year to the Holland Museum and the Cappon
House Museum (a victorian house museum)
Free subscription to the quarterly newsletter
Free or reduced admission to programs
Invitation to special "Members Only" events
10% discount in the Museum Shop
Calendar of events sent to mailing list (your home)
Voting privileges at the annual meeting

Builder, Sponsor, Patron, Benefactor and Wichers Circle
All of the benefits listed above, plus
Four guest passes to each museum
Free subscription to Michigan History Magazine
Behind the scenes tour of the museum with the director - Wichers Circle only

>3. information on marketing their last membership increase

We raised the lower levels a couple years ago.  We used to have a category
called Limited Family ($15, family was $25 at that time) that gave
admission but supposedly not other benefits, but of course they got
everything else anyway.  We eliminated that category and lost a very few
families who were not willing to increase, but just about everyone else
came along.  Family and Builder went up $10, Individual $5.  (Limited
Families were given one year at $25 before going to the $35 rate). We
created the Senior Couple and Senior Individual categories because many of
our seniors were just getting a senior membership and including their
spouses, and we felt they could definitely afford to pay for both!

Our largest month of renewals is in January.  When we did this increase, we
encouraged that month's renewals to renew early and at the old rate, then
started the increase the next month.

This was our first increase since we started the membership in 1993.  It
went ok.  Our membership has increased from 590 in 1993 to 1004 now (70%
increase) and the dollars has gone from $27,110 in 1993 to $61,000 now
(125% increase).  We're pleased with this, but continue to work to make it
grow!

>If you are willing to speak with Jane by telephone, please include your
>telephone number in your response.

Sure:  616 394-1362

>And, of course, if anyone else is interested in these reponses, I'd be
>happy to list them on the service.

Good luck.

Laurie Van Ark
Administrative Assistant