From:
Jill Chancey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:04:59 -0500
We are an art museum in a town of 20,000 (and county of 60,000).  We
hold larger events on Thursday nights (6-8:30) and smaller ones on
Sunday afternoons (2-3:30 usually).  Our constituents tend to be in
church on Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening, and
watching football on Friday and Saturday.  Obviously your mileage may
vary, but I've noticed that when we go outside of these two slots we
usually have far lower attendance.  Perhaps it's because people are just
used to those slots... not sure?  But they are working for us.  We have
two Friday night fundraisers, but we hold those in spring and early
summer so as not to conflict with college football.

--
Jill R. Chancey, PhD
Curator