From:
Melissa Heaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:06:04 -0500
     Katie:

     There is an excellent video that was produced jointly by the National
     Park Service, the Society for the Preservation of New England
     Antiquities and the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and
     Historic Preservation.

     Entitled "Housekeeping for Historic Sites", it is a 60-minute video
     that addresses the issues you discussed in your original message.

     It costs $29.95 + shipping, and is available from SPNEA at
     617-227-3956.

     I have found it really useful for collections care training, as there
     are specific sections on furniture, textiles, general housekeeping,
     metals, etc., and it is easy to just show one specific section at a
     time.

     Melissa Heaver
     Director-Museum Collections
     National Trust for Historic Preservation
     1785 Mass. Ave., NW
     Washington, DC 20036
     202-588-6148
     202-588-6232 (f)