From:
Larnie Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:13:41 -0800
(Please pass this on to any qualified, interested person.)

10/29/02

The City of Palo Alto’s Children’s Fine Arts Program is looking for
amazing and accomplished
artists who are experienced teaching kids to lead week-long art
workshops for us next summer.
Summer here is big fun.

In our recent history, we have offered summer workshops in environmental
art, circus skills,
Fillipino village folk arts, figure sculpture, vehicles, sound design,
computer animation and a host
of other wild and wonderful titles.  Our summer intensives and minicamps
usually fill, and many
have long wait lists.  The pay is $25.00 per hour, plus ten minutes of
prep time per class ?
which works out to a little over four dollars extra per class.

Our workshops for younger kids are called minicamps. Minicamps are
scheduled as week-long
classes, 2.5 hours in length, Monday through Friday.  If the morning
class (9:30 AM to noon) is
for young kids (age 5-7) then the afternoon class (1:00 PM to 3:30 PM)
will be for older kids
(age 8-14). We have an aide to help, and can get volunteers as well.
Class sizes will be no larger
than twelve kids.

Our workshops for older kids are called intensives. Intensives run
Monday through Friday and
are usually three hours.  We have more flexibility with class length and
age group. Half of our
intensives are computer-based art.

If you are interested in teaching for us next summer, please respond by
the deadline:
November 14th. Make sure that you will be able to honor your commitment
next summer before
you submit a proposal. Let me know which weeks you are available. Submit
brief course
proposals. If you have never taught for us before, please submit a
resume showing teaching
experience, art experience, and three references that we can call.

We are planning earlier than usual because of changes in the way the
catalogue is published.

We will also be running our regular weekly classes in the summer. We
will plan those next year.

Feel free to call me with questions or to brainstorm. Thanks for your
help in putting together
another dynamite summer program!

Larnie Fox
Children's Fine Arts