From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 22:39:04 -0500
I'm working on a paper about fire in nature (forest fires, burning
fields, oil field fires) and its representation in literature and
art. Anything from the burning of the Greek temples by the Persians
to "Young Men and Fire" by Norman Maclean and the recent Yellowstone
and LA fires.

I seem to remember there was an exhibit a few years ago at a Western
US museum about the Yellowstone fires but I can't seem to find anything
on it. Have any of the natural history, historical or science
museums out there done exhibits on the subject?

And one more, very odd, question. Has anyone out there ever hear
of Mother Mary Rose? She has supposedly performed miracles concerning
fires -- in fact she save, or rather her picture nailed to the trees saved, the
Catholic college I attended in the 'seventies from a forest fire.
And yes, Mother Mary Rose was dead at the time.

Any info, pointers or crackpot theories would be very much appreciated.
Please post them to me personally.

Yours,

Robbin Murphy