From:
Elizabeth Licata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 12:43:23 -0400
I don't know if this has come up before, but we have been doing
tours/activities with 4th graders based on the book, which they had read.
It's a challenge in our museum, because we just have contemporary art and
sculpture--no period furniture, no fountains.  But the young people and
teachers seem to like the tours.  They have to imagine themselves within
artworks--since the physical spaces the Met provides aren't available. It's
both a drawing and writing activity.

Elizabeth Licata
Castellani Art Museum
Niagara University