From:
"David A. Penney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 12:56:03 EDT
Larisa Overmeir asks:

>>I am wondering which foundations have been instrumental in encouraging museums
(through their funding) to diversify audiences, board, education programs,
exhibitions, etc.<<

The Lila Wallace-Reader's Digest Foundation's "Museum Collections Accessibility
Initiative" has done a great deal in recent years to help selected museums
develop new programs, renovate spaces, and other things directed broadly toward
audience accessibility.

I'm sure you can get a description of the Initiative and information about how
its funds have been used  from them:

Lila Wallace-Reader's Digest Fund
2 Park Avenue, 23rd floor
New York, NY 10016