From:
Charles Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 1994 10:20:41 -0400
Sorry to disturb the entire net on this reply but, Linda, my original
response was kicked back due to "illegal host or domain" ???  At any
rate, there is a site in North Carolina called Stagville that has
some restored slave cabins, I believe.  I was also told that during
the restoration of one of these log buildings, a conjure stick was
discovered to have been imbedded between the logs.  If you need further
info, my address is:
Chuck Watkins
The Appalachian Cultural Museum
University Hall