From:
Janis Wilkens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 07:54:21 -0700
Matthew White wrote:

> I am currently working on a lesson plan that will be used as a
> preperation activity for middle school and high school students who will
> be completing Student Service Learning Programs at the Baltimore Museum
> I need people on this list to contribute brief essays for this part of
> the lesson.
> Aside from wanting every single person on this list to contribute, I
> especially would like the following to consider jotting a few things down:

Matthew--You have given us a nice description of what you want, and from
whom; however, you have not given any indication of *when* you need the
information.  If I were to transmit your request to, say, some of our
volunteers (most of whom are not on the Net), that could take a couple of
days.  Then they would need to think about their anwers and find time to
write them down, which could take at least another week or two; and allow
2-3 days for mail to reach you.

Most requests of this type seem to suffer from the same defect.
Inclusion of a time frame could greatly increase our ability to help you!
--
Janis Beth Wilkens
Curator of Collections/Interim Director