From:
Katherine Stocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:57:57 -0500
Stephanie,

I've been racking my brain to think of the source and I just can't but
someone has written an article on this topic fairly recently (last year
or two), at least tangentially. I can't swear to it, but I think it was
someone peripheral to the museum world like an art critic and it would
have been (probably) in the NY Times or Washington Post. Not much to go
on, but maybe your friendly neighborhood reference librarian can help
you track it down. As I recall the article was critical of museums (or
possibly a specific museum) for taking artwork that they couldn't
properly care for or possibly criticizing a museum who was selling
artwork because they couldn't care for it or selling artwork to fund
care of other artwork. Anyway, good luck with your paper.

Katherine
Katherine Stocker
Associate Registrar
The Mint Museums
704-337-2020
fax 704-337-2101
Please make a note of my new e-mail address:

70 Years

The Mint Museums: 1936-2006

Celebrating the Past, Envisioning the Future