From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:35:14 -0400
Lynne,

I too would like to encourage you to stay on the list. It has been flame
heavy lately, but this too shall pass.  Besides, too many defectors and/or
lurkers who could potentially post useful comments only helps  increase the
flame-to-discussion ratio.  Stay and participate.

Another good reason to stay and even read the flames and rantings:  These
people represent a portion of our profession that we have to deal with
regularly. Pay attention and keep notes.  It can only help you in the
future.

Quick note to people who type faster than they think.  This list is archived
and more than one potential employer has had my past posts in front of them
during an interveiw.  It actually worked out for me in a positive way, but I
wonder (to cite one of many possible examples) how that person (I forget the
name, I too am quick on the delete button) who reduced one woman's logical
argument and professional position to a mere biochemical reaction related to
her menstrual cycle will explain his sense of humor to a female employer or
grant review committee five years from now?

Just something to think about.

Matthew White
Director of Education
B&O Railroad Museum