From:
Susan Scheiberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 1994 15:53:47 EST
I have a question that I hope you can answer for me.  I am currently
employed at a small art center/museum that is slated for major expansion.  We
are currently writing job descriptions for new staff members, including
a Director.  There are some severe disagreements as to the "norm" for
credentials needed for the position.  I would appreciate any information
or advice.  To be specific, we are a regional folk art museum, and are
part of a university system.  We have a permanent collection, have travelling
exhibitions, and are developing educational programs for the community
and the university.  I specifically need job qualifications for the
Director position.  I would be glad to answer any questions that you
may have.  If you wish, respond to me privately at:

This is a very important issue for us--I'd appreciate any feedback or
advice!

Thank you.

Susan Scheiberg