From:
Bill Mulligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:04:42 -0600
        In the museum component of our public program at Murray State University
we use the team approach for student projects.  It allows for more much
ambitious projects that give students a chance to get invovled with a broad
range of issues and concerns and has worked out very well. We partner with
small local historical societies and museums, so the projects are <real> --
real spaces, real collections, budget restraints, etc. Several students
from the program spoke about their experiences on the teams at a state
history conference last fall.  You may be interested in this, which is on
our web site at:
http://campus.murraystate.edu/academic/faculty/Bill.Mulligan/HCK-pres.htm

>> Hello. I am conducting research on the "team approach" to exhibition
>> planning. By the "team approach" I mean the process by which a core
>> team--curator, designer, educator and/or developer work
>> collaboratively from the start to plan the organiztion of the
>> exhibition content intellectually, spatially and experientially.
>> Would you please repond to the following questions:
>> 1.  Does your museum employ the team approach to exhibition planning?
>> 2. If so, is there an exhibition currently on view that is the
>> product of the team approach?
>> 3. What is the name and e-mail address of the individual at your
>> museum who is responsible for exhibitin planning?
>> I would appreciate any information you can send. Thanks. Ann P.S.
>> This is a "second notice." Much thanks to those who have already
>> responded.

William H. Mulligan, Jr. [[log in to unmask]]
Associate Professor of History
Director - Forrest C. Pogue Public History Institute
Murray State University - Murray, KY 42071-0009
Phone:(502) 762-6571 Fax:(502) 762-6587
Home Phone:(502)753-9033
Check out the Pogue Institute web site:
http://campus.murraystate.edu/academic/faculty/Bill.Mulligan/Index.htm