From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 16:29:12 -0500
On         Mon, 30 Jan 1995 Hank Burchard <[log in to unmask]> said:

> Anyway, it's moot. The exhibition has been canceled.

It is not moot; cancelling the exhibit just exacerbated the problem.  Now
every curator and exhibit designer working in a public institution must
second guess the political fallout of their proposed exhibits.  Who knows
what remains of intellectual freedom and freedom of expression.

I'd much prefer to disagree with the content of an exhibit than not have it
at all.  Somehow I developed this strange notion that learning and insight
were inexorably tied to intellectual conflict.

In that light, If Hank Burchard can't send the exhibit script out on the
net, he should simply publish the source of the text so that others can
acquire it too.

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant
P.O. Box 93, Larchmont, NY 10538