From:
Morris Witten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:13:17 -0700
Hi Dan-

I agree with Peter about letting people "get into" an exhibit.  Years ago at
the Kit Carson Home and Museum we had a mountain man camp set up. There was
a hide tent with a buffalo hide bed, possibles bag, cookware, and other camp
items. We also had a hide and scraper, stumps and tree branches, and even a
little dripping spring.

The "camp" was used by children and adults.  We did find that it got more
use when we had a mountain man or woman there to answer questions and offer
information about the exhibit.

Morris

Morris Witten
Curator of Education