From:
Carol A Klaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 13:41:51 -0500
I know that the subject of Discovery Rooms has come up several times
lately, but I another have a question for those of you who have them
in your museums. Are there any interdisciplinary Discovery Rooms out
there?  Many of these rooms are in museums that cover more than one
topic. However, it is very difficult not to have the discovery boxes
and exhibits focused on one discipline.  The Discovery Room here at
the South Carolina State Museum will open next fall. The Museum has
four disciplines: Cultural History, Science and Technology, Natural
Science, and Art.  I am currently trying to gather ideas before we
actually begin to build exhibits at the beginning of next year.   Any
suggestions of ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Carol Klaver