From:
"Martha A. Mills" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 21:45:58 EDT
Some of you miss the point.  People who have direct access to the Internet are
lucky.
People who do not have direct access to the Internet, do it by private or
commercial
avenues.  Delphi, America Online and Compuserve have access, sometimes fully,
sometimes not.  I am sure the number of ways people can have access will
increase rapidly.  But through the private services, it is expensive.

My university offers Internet access to alumni for a minimal fee, but they have
no local
node numbers, so it is all by long distance -- what good does that do?

So those of you with direct access should feel privileged.  And you should be
willing to
share with those well meaning, bright and all those things people, who are stuck
with private
access.  I applaud nfp's (and anyone else) who make things available to those
who do not have Internet access.  It will bring those people in, eventually, in
one way or another.

Eventually the connections will be easier and cheaper for everyone -- or that is
the hope.

Martha A. Mills