From:
Alison Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 08:19:55 -0800
We're in the very early stages of planning our random access audio tour
for the Getty Center.  While we have examples of these tours directed to
adults at other museums, there appear to be far fewer tours for children
and families.  And I've come to the conclusion that a "children's tour"  will
be very different than a "family tour."  Any thoughts?  Also, the nature of
audioguides would appear to contradict the goal of prompting adults to
interact with their children - while in the galleries - and examining the
artwork at the same time.  If our intention is to produce a "family tour",
how can we do that successfully using the random access technology?
Can anyone recommend effective random access audio tours for
children or families? I'd also be interested in hearing about linear
(cassette) tours.  Please respond on or off the list.  Any info. would be
very appreciated.

- Alison Glazier
  J. Paul Getty Museum