From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:57:20 -0700
> I can't believe none of you had issues with health
> departments and
> children handling animals.  Did you have wash stations?

We never had an issue with the Health Department. We worked with both the the Pittsburgh Conservatory-Aviary (located only two blocks from Buhl Planetarium--now the National Aviary) and the Penn State Cooperative Extension Service when we set-up the exhibit in 1983.

The Humane Officer did visit our exhibit twice. He saw the educational value of our exhibit, and he made a couple of suggestions which we implemented.

We did not have wash stations. However, I did keep paper towels at the exhibit, just in case when a child was holding one of the chicks, the chick left the child with a little "gift."

gaw

Glenn A. Walsh, Project Director,
Friends of the Zeiss < http://friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail - < [log in to unmask] >
SPACE & SCIENCE NEWS, ASTRONOMICAL CALENDAR:
  < http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/#news >
Author of History Web Sites on the Internet --
* Buhl Planetarium, Pittsburgh:
  < http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com >
* Adler Planetarium, Chicago:
  < http://adlerplanetarium.tripod.com >
* Astronomer, Educator, Optician John A. Brashear:
  < http://johnbrashear.tripod.com >
* Andrew Carnegie & Carnegie Libraries:
  < http://andrewcarnegie.tripod.com >
* Duquesne Incline cable-car railway, Pittsburgh:
  < http://incline.pghfree.net >
* Public Transit:
  < http://andrewcarnegie2.tripod.com/transit >