From:
Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 19:09:56 -0700
Hello Kathryn,

> perhaps you can explain exactly what
> you do mean by 'create reality'.
By `create reality' I mean that which the museum attempts to do when it
artificially, and will always be artificial to some degree (Please see my
reply to Jay), tries to place an object in context. I don't think you can
ever create reality (this may not even be desirable) but I'm very
interested in the museum processes of attempting, self-consciously or
not, to capture an aspect of it. What museums do can be far more subtle
than theme park attempts but may be no less deceptive.

I interupt myself an awful lot in that last paragraph but I do hope I
made sense. I also hope you don't mind me posting this to everyone as it
is relevant to a discussion I had with someone else.

Jennifer.