From:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 1994 22:39:19 CST
On Tue, 19 Jul 1994 16:04:00 -0400,
Katherine Jones-Garmil  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Today the Museum Computer Network got a call from MONEY magazine asking
>for information on museums with the following themes:  the occult,
>witchcraft, mystery, vampires, wax museums, museums with a jail or prison
>theme, etc.
KATHY, What comes to mind is 1.) the Pensacola Museum of Art (former City
Jail); the Old Jail Museum at my alma mater, Wabash College (IN); 3.) our
Saint Paul museum--Minnesota Museum of American Art--which sold its Summit
Avenue location, an 1890s victorian mansion, to Carl Wechevsky(sp?) who is
said to have operated North America's largest occult press from the site
(1963 to 1981), not to mention the local stories of "what else" went on
there . . . ; and 4.) the Museum of Asmat Art, Agats, Irian Jya, New
Guinea, with its stunning collection of works described in shows MMAA and
the Peabody (Salem) have done: _Embodied_Spirits_.  Let me know if they
need more on any or all of these.    Best,  JIM