From:
Hodcarry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 22:40:18 GMT
<< false
assurances and false hopes, you don't stay in business very long. The
marketplace is an effective corrective. >>  I am sorry about the errors
-motor instead of auto and outside of Flint instead of heart of Flint.
But I do stand by my admittly cynical statement about consulting firms
being for hire.  The problem is not the "Bill Mulligan" type of firms with
a handful of employees, if any.  It is the big firms where the sale is
made by a one person and the work is done by a group of nameless faceless
folks who know widgets but not museums or fish farming or whatever.  I
have worked on two feasibility studies regarding convention centers to be
funded, in  part, by public funds.  In each case the local Chamber of
Commerce wanted the project and, despite solid indications to the
contrary, the report supported the Chamber.