From:
Allison Pultz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:10:50 -0400
I agree that you need to assess what exactly you want to do. If you want to
be a curator, you will need at least a masters degree in art history. Or
Perhaps you would be interested in arts programming.  Taking an internship
or other like work at a museum or other cultural organization might help you
make that decision.

Having worked at the same arts organization for the past three years out of
college, I recently asked myself the same question.  I chose to do a summer
intensive program in arts administration (marketing, fundraising, financial
management, law,...) I didn't go back for a full professional degree,
because I felt that my current job experience, paired with the certificate
of higher education, would be a strong enough platform to get me to the next
level, where I can continue to grow and learn.  I also decided that I would
get more out of two years of working experience, than I would out of two
years of school.