From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:22:03 -0400
When you invade a country, when you destroy its police force, when you
disarm the population that has traditionally been armed for
self-protection-you bet that you are responsible. Remember, there are
Military Police in our armed forces and many of the called-up reservists are
American civilian olice. The Americans saw fit to protect the Oil Ministry,
but not the Museums. At best, this shows lousy planning. Most likely it
shows our abysmal value system towards Moslem cultures. The looting of the
National Museum will not be forgiven us for many centuries, anyone in
American who does not understand that knows nothing about Middle Eastern
cultures.
Nicholas Burlakoff