From:
Melanie Perlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:08:23 +0000
Hello Listers!
My apologies for cross-postings...

I am doing some research for a new learning center.  It is a collaboration between the youth services department of a public library, and a children's theater.  The center will be in a new building designed to house both institutions under a new, shared name.

Now, six months before opening day, we are trying to establish some policies to administer the logistics of a public-private partnership, specifically the opportunities and challenges of sharing a facility.  We are interested in how other institutions in similar relationships handle such issues as facility maintenance, security, operating hours, sharing of program spaces and other public spaces, and facility rental opportunities.

If anyone on the list has any words of advice, models we should look at, horror stories or success stories, we'd love to learn from your experience.

Thank you in advance for what I'm sure will be valuable insights!

Melanie Perlman