From:
Jill Chancey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:41:34 -0500
I am seeking the location of an Everett Shinn pastel, "Nymph on the
Rocks," 1900, approx. 8" x 10", sold by Christie's NY on 9/26/86, sale
#6208.

There are several iterations of this pastel, and I have one of them.  I
would very much like to find the one sold in 1986, but Christie's cannot
tell me to whom they sold it.  If anyone knows the whereabouts of this
Shinn, or can direct me to someone who would, I would appreciate it very
much.

I can send a .jpg of the version we have here.

Also, my copy of that particular Christie's catalog is missing; if
anyone happens to have it and would be willing to scan the page (page
93) and send it to me, I would be eternally grateful.  I have a
second-gen b/w copy, but really need a color scan for proper comparisons.

thank you in advance,

--
Jill R. Chancey, PhD
Curator