From:
Julie Holcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:48:57 -0600
Hi all,
You have been such a tremendous resource for me these past few weeks.  I
appreciate all of the feedback I have received and continue to receive.
As I am pulling together our programming plans, I need to do an
informal, very unscientific survey of small museums.  If you would
complete the following questionnaire pasted below and return it to me, I
would greatly appreciate it.  I'll be glad to share this information -
anonymously and in the aggregate - if there is interest from others on
the list.  Thanks much, Julie Holcomb
Pearce Collections at Navarro College

1. Annual attendance at your museum:
a. <2500
b. 2500 to 4999
c. 5000 to 7499
d. 7500 to 10,000

2. What types of tours do you offer:
a. Self-guided
b. Docent led
c. Audio
d. All of the above

3. Do you offer special events at your museum?  If yes, how many per
year?

4. Do you charge for special events?  How much?  Does the price include
museum admission?

5. Do you rotate exhibits or hold special exhibitions?  If yes, how many
times per year?  Are the new exhibits designed in-house or contracted
out?  If developed and fabricated in-house, do you have staff people who
do this or do you rely on volunteers?  Do you use items from your
collection, borrow from other institutions, or both?

6. Do you offer supplementary activities such as game boxes, or other
activities that can be completed in the museum?

7. Other types of activities offered by your museum such as book
signings, etc?  How successful are these in terms of bringing people
into your museum?

--
Julie Holcomb, MLIS, CA
College and Special Collections Archivist

Phone: 903-875-7438 ~ Fax: 903-875-7593
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Internet: http://www.pearcecollections.us/ or
http://www.navarrocollege.edu/library/archives/

"Men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they
please; they do not make it under
circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly
found, given, and transmitted
from the past.  The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a
nightmare on the brain of
the living." Karl Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire